Sandile Magoso graduated from Durban University of Technology in 2004 with a National Deploma in Video Technology.After mentorship and training he started working locally with M-Net,Supersport,Octagon and SABC Airtime.International companies such as Gearhouse(London),ESSE Sports PVL(India) and NIKE polished his skills further,before he returned to Durban to start up his own Company,Gela Productions (PTY Ltd).
A specialist camera operator,Sandile has covered numerous international cricket,rugby,tennis,football and golf matches and tournaments.FIFA and UFA tournaments,as well as local teams such as AmaZulu and KZN Dolphins Cricket Club,have benefited from his superb camera coverage.
- ENG Camera Operator-UEFA Champions Legue Finals in England,Portugal,Germany,Italy and Wales.
- ENG Camera operator-2012 Pre-Olympics in New York for NIKE
- Travelled with the Proteas to Australia as an ENG Camera Operator for broadcast on Supersport
- Cricket T20 World Cup in Sri Lanka (2013)
- Brazil FIFA World Cup draw 2014 and the Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 Finals
- Commonwealth Games Presentation:Durban Host City Bid-London(2015)
- UEFA EURO Cup Championship-France (2016)
- Director/Camera Operator:Usuthu TV Magazine show
Producer,Director,Senior Editor,Camera Operator and Graphics
Ashan Ramphul graduated from Durban University of Technology with a National Diploma in Video Technology in 2002.Ahan has worked as a director,producer,writer,sound recordist,camera operator and principal editor for a wide variety of projects.While comfortable behind a camera as well as operating an edit suite,Ashan prefers to be directing the action.
- Camera work on a documentary series- "Unauthorised" for SABC and "Pasta Alla Shaik"-Vuleka Productions
- Camera operator and editor for Dharma Moments-SABC 2-Produced by Chalkface Edutainment (2007-2011)
- Principal Editor-"Honey Banger-Raising Hell" for National Geographic channel (2008)-Produced by Peartree Films
- Producer,cinematographer and editor for "Attack of the Indian Werewolf" feature film (2009)-screened at Durban International Film Festival in 2010
- Producer,Director and Editor of "Curry & Vice" feature film in 2013
- Principal Editor- "Addo Lions" (2008)-Peartree Films
- Durban Insert Producer for spirit Sundae (2009-2012) SABC 1-New wave Productions
- Producer and editor for various inserts in Australia and New Zealand for the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup
- Producer of various inserts for the 2016 ICC T20 World Cup in India
- Producer,writer and editor of "Extra Cover"-monthly magazine show produced by Gela Productions for broadcast on Supersport
- Co-producer, co-writer and editor of 2017 "Supersport Rugby Challange" weekly magazine show produced by Gela Productions for broadcast on Supersport.
Camera Operator and Editor
Graduating with his National Diploma in Video Technology in 2008,Sbu started off as a cameraman and editor for Roving Reporters,going on to work for KulumaTV, an online content producer.Sbu's strength lies in his humility and willingness to get stuck in wherever he is needed.His freelance services were in demand from a variety of companies,where he worked as a runner,a production assistant and camera operator on a variety of productions from commercials,music videos,outside broadcasts to traditional ceremonies.
Since joining Gela Productions as a production assistant,he has swiftly climbed the ladder,and now is an extremely capable camera operator and editor on a wide range of productions.
- Production Assistant on the "Axe" commercial for iKind Media 2011
- Production Assistant on the "BioStrath" for iKind Media 2011
- Production Assistant and Presenter for :Soul Brothers" concet (outside broadcast) in 2012
- Camera Operator for varios inserts in Australia and New Zealand for the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup
- Camera Operator and Editor for the Proteas tour to Bangladesh-2015
- Camera Operator and Producer for "Future Champs"-Spain 2016
- Camera Operator and Editor for ICC T20 World cup in India-2016
- Camera Operator and Editor for the Proteas tour to New Zealand (2017)
- Camera Operator and Editor for the Proteas Tour to England and ICC Champions Trophy-2017